October 27, 2009

Civil & Hindu Wedding at Lanesborough

I just realised that I havent' blogged about weddings yet.... time to make
put that right!
First of all ... one of the London Weddings I shot this year was featured
in the Modern Vintage Bride Blog -- the bride was wearing Joy from
Jenny Packham's 2009 collection and the post in the Blog is under the name 'Joy'.
Another interesting wedding of the year was Jenny and Sam's wedding held at
the Lanesborough Hotel in London. After a very emotional civil ceremony,
they changed clothes to prepare for a Hindu ceremony. The wonderful details
of the furniture at the Lanesborough reminded me somehow of the Italian
film "The Leopard" by Visconti, while the magnificent colours of the Hindu
ceremony gave me plenty of marvellous material to photograph. I must
mention the beautiful flowers prepared by Drake Algar at his shop in St
John's Wood.
Hope you enjoy my blog!